Why Social Media?
- 7.524 billion people on earth. 3.819 billion access the internet.
- 3.028 billion are active on social media (+10% growth)
- 2.890 billion use social networks on mobile (+1M pm)
- Social Media is the second most effective digital marketing tactic for customer retention, behind only email.
- Nearly one-third of the world uses social networks regularly
- 90% of young adults (aged 18-29) use social media 35% of those over age 65 do.
- 74% of consumers rely on social media to make purchasing decisions
- 65% of salespeople who use social selling fill their pipeline, compared to 47% of reps who don’t.
- 4/10 reps have recently close 2-5 deals directly thanks to social media.
- Using social selling tools can increase win rates and deal size by 5% and 35% respectively.
- social media has a 100% high lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing.
- clicks from shared content are 5x more likely to result in a purchase
- shoppers who view video are 1.81 x more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
- content marketing generates 3 times as many leads as traditional outbound marketing.
- content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing
- 59% of social media users think companies who use or are active on social media seem to be more approachable.
Monthly Active Australian Users
- Facebook: 15M
- Youtube: 15.7M
- Instagram: 9M
- LinkedIn: 4.2M
- Snapchat: 4M
- Twitter: 3M
When We Socially Network
- 71% – in the evening
- 57% First thing in the morning
- 47% lunch time
- 47% breaks
- 39% last thing before bed
- 21% during work
- 18% commuting
- 15mill monthly active users
- 7/10 Australians use Facebook
- 1/2 Australians use Facebook daily
- 1/2 australians use youtube
- 1/5 australians use instagram
- 4mill monthly active users
- 1/6 australians use snapchat
Google + (10%)